Friday, August 5, 2011

Can I ever drink again?

I've only been "drinking" for about a year and a half. I've been able to handle it for a long time, but lately I've been taking it too far and the last two times I blacked out and it scared me pretty good. When I drink I always want more even when I'm already pretty drunk. I've only drank once in the last 4 weeks, and I only had 1 beer, so i know i'm not "addicted" to alcohol, I CAN live without it, I'm not like dying for a drink, and when I had the one beer i wasn't craving it or unable to stop. But I am only a sophomore in college and drinking is such a huge part of having a social life in college and I do enjoy it. So while I want to quit drinking in a way I also want to be able to continue to drink, but I'd like to be able to do it with more control or whatever. Is that possible or am I an alcoholic and do i need to stop? It's not interfereing with my life at all except the two times i blacked out and those really scared me, if i drink again am i going to go crazy and do it all again, or is it possible to control myself and learn to drink responsibly? I know it's up to me ultimately, but i'm just asking for opinions or suggestions... thanks...

No comments:

Post a Comment